Fāfā sticks or island spinach branches
|The fabulous coconut, emblem fruit of the islands|
|This lineage of the chickens|
|At the market, some taruā….|
|Enjoy: a creed!”|
- Place on the table, a beautiful bunch of green spinach leaves that still diffuse sunlight. Remove the stems and unstick the thin skin that's squirming by spirals: cut them to the size of a cigarette filter. Slice the largest leaves in half. Wash.
- Dip them in a pot of boiling water. Allow to cook until the leaves are darker: between "green spinach" and "emerald green". A good half an hour. Leave to drain.
- Replace by the stalks diced. You know they are cooked when they are engulfed in the bottom of the pot. Let drain well.
- Slice into strips a half onion. Already, the delicious and subtle fragrance of your mixed vegetables tickles pleasantly your nostrils...
- So, to make sure you don't waste all the morning, even in the most idyllic setting of a fare (home), open to all breezes, choose rather a boneless chicken. You'll just cut it into small approximate cubes.
- Marinate in a little soy sauce, dye the meat of a light tan. Add salt.
- In a skillet, brown with a little oil, a small amount of onions. Then add the chicken pieces.
- The preparation is ready when the onion slices have melted: it's magic! It is essential to taste and to let people around you sample it, even if it's still early, even if you are still on coffee time that accompanies your task. Otherwise, the cook is upset!
|The chicken is browning…|
- Into a deep dish or lidded cooking-pot, the principle is that of layer: first spread the chicken pieces
- Then, hide them with all the greenery
- Later, garnish with the onion slices
- Finally, sprinkle everything with the third of a bottle of coconut milk.
- Cover! Bake! For a good half an hour, more if you prefer a slightly crunchy texture. And do not forget to cover ... for it keeps the appearance of stew.
|Coconut milk, a flavor!|
Chicken fāfā for licking